Thursday, June 17, 2010

Man Duties

I shrieked when I saw it. Chloe went absolutely nuts. I immediately felt like I needed a shower to wash the heebie-geebies off of me. There it was. On our back porch. The biggest, blackest, creepiest spider I've ever encountered. I yelled for Matt. Loud. Nevermind I was inside, behind a glass door, and the creepy crawler was outside on the patio. I wanted it dead, dead, dead! The sooner, the better. I think Matt may have thought I was exaggerating when I told him there was a taranchula outside. I saw his eyeballs widen when he got to the door, and when he opted for the seven foot painting pole, instead of a flip flop to take care of it, once and for all, I knew the severity of the situation we had on our hands. He gave it a good WHACK! and a million little baby spiders were born into a cloud. It was then that I saw my manly husband shutter, as he battled the explosion with said pole, and a whole can of Raid. And Mama Spider? Oh, she bolted under our grill. Still very much alive.

Thus, I have been avoiding the grill ever since. But look at my big man husband. Risking his life to cook some Jamacian Jerk salmon for us. What.. a rugged dude. This is precisely the reason I got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers