Sunday, June 20, 2010

Never Too Old To Be A Daddy's Girl

Growing up, I always felt safe. From monsters, clowns, bad people, robbers, and broken hearts. I had my dad. And in my child mind, my dad could do anything. I'm 26, and my dad can still do anything. My superman. He's the perfect father of daughters. The epitomy of happy, this man set the bar high for his girls' future husbands.


A few years ago, Matt and I were sitting around a bonfire, talking about our future together. We were finishing college, and it was our first big, serious conversation about marriage. Matt told me he wanted to propose when he felt he could provide for me the same way my dad takes care of my mom, and us girls. Pretty awesome. And speaks volumes about this man, my remarkable, wonderful dad. Dad, I picked the dude you told me existed. The one you knew was out there for me. Thank you for being the greatest example of a wonderful man.


Outwardly hilarious, upbeat, and optomistic, his heart is so big, and so giving. Caring and soft when girly tears flow easier than words, strong and gun-weilding when the house alarm goes off. The one who boosted me up when I couldn't reach.The one who taught me to drive. Who walked me down the aisle. There's a special place in every girl's heart for her dad.


Thank you Dad, for always being my #1. For your countless hugs that keep me safe from the world, your unmeasurable support and love you have for your family, and your humor saturating every situation. Thank you for my immensely happy childhood, and moments cemented in time in the magical place we both love so much - up north. I love you more than I can ever put into words! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers