Saturday, October 23, 2010

Surrendering to Goodness

If you know me at all, you know I'm a wee bit OCD. A teeny, tiny obsessed with cleaning, organizing, improving, perfecting. Welp, I can be found waving the white flag. For now, anyway. See? I can't even think about truly letting it all go for very long. Sigh. At any rate, laundry is piled in the hall, the guest room floor littered with projects "I'll get to soon." Unused paint supplies sit next to unopened paint cans in the hall. Hey, at least we chose a color! Cookbooks lay open, recipes marked, but left for another day, underneath a calendar entirely too full for the two people that live in our home. I've been driving for a week wondering what the light on my dash means. I've forgotten to ask Matt about it FOR SIX DAYS STRAIGHT. October, you are one busy, wonderful, beautiful month!

My mom said something recently that reasonated through me today, as my to-do list grew longer. Sometimes you have to just let it go, and deal. So I'm doing just that. And relishing in the chaos. Because we've chosen it, and it's beautiful. And funny. Like seeing Matt drink V8 out of a coffee mug, because I forgot to run the dish washer. Again. Or my monster kitty carry a headband I'd left on the stairs in her mouth, most likely to hide it under the rug, like she does with all of her treasures. Most people learn to conform to chaos when babies are brought home; for us, right now, it's our baby business. And with it, comes nurturing, dedication and prioritizing. We'll be experts in chaos by the time a mini Sprinkle comes along! Until then, and probably still then, if you stop over and see dishes in the sink and heaps of laundry, well, everywhere, just laugh with us. Because without leaving it for another day, we couldn't have captured these moments... And this is what life's all about. The beautiful moments. And surrendering to goodness.

Here's a few sneak peeks to hold you over for just a wee bit longer! Those who are waiting on photos, thank you for your patience!

Baby Annie made her world debut:
 Katie and Brandon celebrated their engagement:
 And so did Stephanie and Johnny:
 And Deidre and Andrew:
 Nathan and Traci have a little man on the way:
 We captured the Eubank family's today:
 As well as the Arthur-Denunes:
Whew! Stay tuned.. lots of wonderful-ness ahead! Enjoy your weekend and Go Bucks!

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time letting things just go too! Beautiful pictures lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Soul Buddy! It's life, frustrating and lovely, in the same breath!:) Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers