Monday, June 28, 2010

One

Maybe it was the champagne. Maybe it was the seafood feast we consumed a couple hours earlier, or the sugar buzz from a year-old buttercream cake. Or the words my sweet husband wrote to tell me just how much I mean to him. Maybe it was the day itself, and what it represents. Heck, maybe my legs just ached that bad from our bike ride that morning. Maybe it was a heat coma; the result of a sunny 90 degree afternoon. Whatever it was, I teared up looking at him. And felt slightly dizzy. In a good way. This wonderful man pledged his life to me. And I can't help thinking I hit the jackpot!

Yesterday, we celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. I can hardly wrap my head around the idea that we've been married for an entire year. It's true what everyone says, it's a FAST year. I woke up feeling thankful and loved. And really, what better feeling could a girl ask for? Wait! I know. It's the feeling I get every day at 4:50pm... ten minutes before I leave work for the day and call him. And again when I hear the familiar beep of his truck locking, and the doorknob turning seconds later. The moments before I get to throw my arms around his neck and plant a big one on him. These moments still give me whacko butterflies. They settle when we settle into our evening. Sinking into our spot on the couch. Or kicking our feet up on the porch railing. I'm thankful for this, for if they didn't quiet, I'd never be able to relax. Whacko butterflies. That's the best feeling a girl can have.

1 comment:

  1. awww...I just cried big tears reading this!!! How lucky you are to have found each other. And I couldn't be any more thankful as a mom for my son to be loved so greatly but such a wonderful person!!! Love you both so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers