Thursday, June 24, 2010

All You Need is Love

Sometimes the stars align. You have a few really good days. Full of good things. And just when you thought you couldn't be more thankful, you find a perfect parking spot- an oasis in a sea of desparate drivers, eager to ditch their wheels and bolt inside a park for an evening of favorite songs with their favorite band. Our wedding anniversary is this Sunday and in the spirit of tradition, we went with paper for our first year together. Paper in the form of Dave Matthews tickets. YES! In case you were wondering, I was, indeed, fist pumping as I said that. The weather was forecasting rain, yet we saw nothing of the sort Tuesday night. Blue skies, hot summer sun, and the familiar vibe of Dave go-ers infiltrated Huntington Park, for the first-ever concert at the ball field. And it was magical.

I'm a wee bit passionate about music. It moves me. Plunging into my soul, it moves me. There's something about Dave Matthews' voice that completely melts me. It's like he and his guitar are speaking to my heart. I was twelve when I first saw him in concert. I remember letting Dave's voice fill my ears, my heart, my entire body. That concert opened the floodgates to an obsession. An obsession with this band, and all live music. Dave's concerts marked summer. I love the familiarity of being there. Having every person on the lawn going crazy at a few simple cords. Arm-in-arm with the best of friends. Swaying to a fifteen minute jam session, that you know is just happening because they just feel like it. I wish I could bottle that feeling. But since I can't, I drink in everything. And the best part? Finally being there, next to my honey. Living loud. We danced, and drank, sharing long kisses in the hot sun. And stealing a few more under a full, bright moon. We sang, and cheered until our voices were strained. Then cheered some more. It was magic. Pure, unrestrained, and familiar, much like coming home.

I obviously couldn't lug my big camera in the concert, so these are from my point and shoot. Happy Weekend Eve!
One year married!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers