Saturday, May 15, 2010

Toes in the Sand: Randi & Josh's Wedding!

I watched my beautiful best friend calmly apply mascara as the wind whipped the waves onto the beach outside. In a few hours, she'd be a Mrs. Josh's Mrs. And so much more. When you've known someone your whole life, they become like a secondary sibling. You come to understand them, and they, you. Randi's wedding day was an emotional one. To say it was sweet is the understatement of the year. These two are the most loving, adorable couple. They met, and instantly knew they were meant for another. We met Josh for the first time two years ago at a Halloween party. He was dressed as a nerd with a wedgie, suspenders, and short pants. I knew upon seeing him, he'd fit right in. I was right.

Their wedding, from start to finish, was bursting at the seams with love. The personal touches, the tearful speeches, and the view itself created the perfect backdrop for these two to begin their journey as husband and wife. They were married in front of fifty of their closest family and friends, on the gorgeous beach of Sancerre, in Naples, FL, at her grandparents' home. She didn't want to cry, and all of us girls secretly hoped Josh would. When Canon in D began, she emerged through the gate with her dad, and my eyes, instinctively, wandered to my left. Josh's face lit up, and as I watched him tear up ever so slightly, they both had gigantic grins on their faces. This dream they had created was in the middle of coming true. And it was beautiful. It was one of the most peaceful moments of my life. Standing among friends, the wind tossing salty air under the alter, made of bamboo, greenery and white sashes billowing to each side, there was just so much love. The sound of the waves, just steps away, and with it, the day's random beach goers gathering close to witness a beginning, and to see the most breathtakingly beautiful bride.

Josh and Ran, you both have such warm, giving, happy hearts. We love you both with all of ours. We SO enjoyed soaking in every second of your beach wedding, and are totally willing to return to Naples every April to celebrate your anniversary. Just sayin! ;)
Now you see where she gets it, the beautiful mama-of-the-bride!
What did I tell you? Stunning.
One of my favorites.
My dude, beyond happy to be on vacation, celebrating love!
Thanking everyone for making the trip, a.k.a. the fourth time I cried that day!
I handed off my camera to get these next two, so I could be in a couple photos with some of my best friends!
Remember this next photo. It's significant in my photography adventure. I'll have a post up soon to share!

Since I was one of Randi's bridesmaids, Matt shot this next set of photos. With my point and shoot. While videotaping the entire ceremony for her aunt at the same time. He's kind of a natural, huh? Stay tuned for more on that. We have a new dream a-cookin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers