Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Introducing.. Mr. Sprinkle

Matt and I love being at home. In a place we dreamed of, and made come true. We laugh and daydream constantly. Of what our family will be like, of our goals, of where we'd like to travel someday. And of continued happiness, hand-in-hand, with, God willing, little hands between us. Of the big things we all dream of. And in Naples FL last month, while watching Randi and Josh dance their first dance as husband and wife, a new dream was born.

I was standing, camera in hand, trying to get the shot I was envisioning. I was frustrated; the sun had set, and I was trying to manhandle my flash onto my camera, in my bridesmaid's dress, with my unruly hair blowly around my face erractically. Matt called me over to a spot across the pool, between two huge flower arrangements. As he's beckoning me over with full arm waves, I remember scrunching my nose, thinking this wasn't going to help me. Not one little bit. But he's cute, so I followed him. And he was right. So right. Not only did I get the shot I wanted, (although a wee bit too dark and noisy- but hey, I'm still learning!) a conversation began. And what began as a suggestion, ended with a confession on the part of my cute husband. A little nagging sensation was gradually growing louder in the depths of his heart. He was starting to feel the same passion that I couldn't ignore a few short months ago. One involving a big black box, and a whole lot of learning. I only had one word for him: YAAAAAYYYY!
So in the spirit of love and marriage, we have decided to dive in to this together. Husband and wife duo. And while our life is busy, and unscripted, we are determined to make time for this. In this moment, we're perfectly content on this path, and we've chosen to run together. Thus far, we really only know three things for sure- ( 1 ) We love each other, ( 2 ) we're quickly becoming obsessed with photography, and ( 3 ) it's bound to be a wild ride!

See why I followed him?

3 comments:

  1. Katie! Matt! - soooo Matt is going to jump in on this adventure too?! soooo fun. i'm curious as to what this is going to look like. will he be a blog writer too? :) i love the pic of you w/ the camera... and in the below blog i love the pic of matt's feet and the corona. it just screams Vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Em! We are pretty curious as to how this will look too! He has a really full plate right now, so we're gonna keep plugging away on my classes and stuff, then when he is finished with school (just a couple months!), he's gonna take some classes and we're gonna get him a camera! I'm doubting he will really want to blog (and I write enough for the both of us! Haha) but you never know! He'll be my right hand man, and second shooter! We're just excited to both be interested and willing to learn, we're hoping the rest falls into place! Oh, and p.s. I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO awesome! Seriously excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers