Monday, May 3, 2010

Drive (Fly) Until the Map Turns Blue

Brad Paisley sings a song called "Water," and it speaks to the very core of my soul. Besides being fun to sing my head off to in the car, any guitar-playing cowboy can melt me into putty within seconds. This particular song makes me think of up north, and down south. And out west. Lakes and beaches and oceans. Cool, refreshing, umbrella-garnished boat drinks. Sandy toes and sunkissed shoulders. It takes me to a place free from work, and alarm clocks. And bills and to-do lists. It plops me down in the middle of a beach towel, as I mumble to my husband, in my half-sleepy, beach-nap stuper, What do you want to do the rest of the day? And he replies, This. That kind of day. For the past week, we've been playing around Florida, barefoot on the beach, standing next to our best friends as they said I do, and stuffing ourselves full of local seafood. I'll have several lengthy posts up soon, but for now, I thought I'd post the reason I'm having "re-entry issues," as my mom calls it. But to sum up our trip... my love affair with water continues...

All you really need this time of year,
Is a pair of shades, and ice cold beer,
And a place to sit, somewhere near.. water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers