Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Teeny Bit of Tiny

I love little people. They are hilarious. And cute even when they're not acting like it. Before declaring our majors in college, professors used to group the education department into two oh-so-very-different categories: those who liked to deal with teenagers, (notice my word choice. I could have said work with, but deal with seems more appropriate.) complete with drama, broken hearts, bruised egos, and attitude, and those better suited to teach children. I'm in the latter group, equipped to remedy skinned knees, grimy hands, untied shoes, messy faces and broken crayons. I have quite a few little nuggets in my life. They make my life richer. And really, really funny.

Two of our best friends had their baby this past October. And as the newest member of our crew, her job is to melt all of our hearts on a regular basis (big, strong, I-don't-cry-or-watch-Desperate-Housewives husbands included). She does her job extremely well. She's the absolute best of her mommy and daddy, and I secretly hope she's as ornery as they are. It's a beautiful thing to see your friends SO happy. And to see this new little life begin and grow. As one of her many honorary aunts, it was love at first sight for me!

This is Camille, and as you can see, she's every bit as beautiful as her name. Now a smiling, bouncing, adorably snuggly six-month-old, we had an impromptu photoshoot to capture some of the joy Cami exudes. It's not surprising this little beauty is a happy girl, her mommy and daddy have smiles on their faces, humor in their voices, and laughter in their hearts. Take a look at these photos. You might just die. Or want to have a baby. Or two. Or a whole soccer team.

Hey, don't say I didn't warn you!

4 comments:

  1. again, great work and adorable subjects!! What a talented daughter-in-law I have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo sweet! I am in LOVE with the 10th and the last one especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. suuuuch gorgeous pics! i can't believe how big tiny is getting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie!! Cute, cute blog! Christy gave me your blog address. I also have a love for photography. :) You can check out my blog, too--however, it's more about the trials, tribulations, joys, & exciting times of parenting and I throw some of my other loves like organic living, decorating, and gardening in there as well. I'd love to see some pics that you took of The Baldner's and Miss Ava! :) My email: eric-liz@hotmail.com.

    P.S. You are on my 'Favorite Blogs' list!

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers