Thursday, April 1, 2010

Go!

I'm happy Easter came early this year. After our long winter, we need spring in the worst way. And Easter, even in Ohio, means spring. Chirping birds, bright, hopeful bursts of sunshine streaming through the blinds, having daylight left after work to cook salmon on the grill, and roam around the bike trails until the sun finally sets. Spring. A time of new beginnings. Fresh starts. Anticipation of the year's finest hour- SUMMER! I am especially thankful for this year's new beginning. This marks 'Go' for me. Since Christmas, I've been up to my ears in books and classes, ideas and attempts at decent photographs. With spring in the air, and summer on the horizon, I can finally hit the ground running. Well, maybe not running. I've been known to trip once or twice, and with a camera in hand, yikes!


I have a few upcoming shoots with little people, a handful of family shoots, two engagement sessions, a vacation, where Matt may have to pry the camera out of my white knuckle grip just to hang with me, and... wait for it... TWO weddings! I've sprinkled in a handful of other ideas in between these events, and have cleared space on my computer. I feel focused and ready and optomistic. Bring. It. On.


My completely adorable sister, Lauren was home from law school this past weekend. We had a cookout on Friday to mark her arrival, kick off the season, and throw back a couple cold ones, which may have seemed like a slap in the face to both my sisters- I got them GOOD with the totally cliche "I'm pregnant!" April Fools joke just a day earlier. Both were more than salty when I told them the truth. Or as Lauren put it, Thanks for ruining what was turning into the best day of my life! Sheesh. These future aunts take their future title very seriously.


Here are some photos from our day at the zoo, complete with (drum roll please) EDITING! My Photoshop class is working its magic and while I'm still in the early stages, I can finally start sleeping again at night. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    I love this blog.... I love the part about spring being a great time for new beginnings and just a FRESH start. so true! aaaand it is a great time for the anticipation of summer, oh which i am anticipating BIG TIME this year.... to finally be back HOME. glad yall got to meet lauren's new dude. so fun! and of course... great pics!

    love,
    em

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers