Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lifestyle: The Baldners

We love the Baldners! You know when you meet someone and feel an instant friendship begin? It's cool, huh? We met this happy couple this past July, upon moving into our first home. Our whole street is new, and primarily, pretty young. I knew we were all destined to meet, but I just didn't know I'd look like such a dork upon doing so. My sister and I had just gotten to my house, and we wanted Matt to take a picture of us out on the porch. Innocent enough, right? We hadn't quite gotten used to the double locks on our doors yet (darn you Energy Star safe house!) and I locked us out. At 10pm. Without Shoes. Or cell phones. And we'd only been in the house three days, so naturally, we hadn't given backup keys to anyone yet. After convincing my husband not to break a window, I spotted Kurt outside, a few doors down, watering his plants. I trotted down the street to beg to use his phone, and introduce myself, Hello! I'm your new ditzy neighbor! Please help us! The second he laughed at my misfortune, we became instant friends.


Needless to say, a couple hours and two-hundred-stinkin-dollars-to-a-locksmith later, we had gotten back inside our house, and made new friends! See? Things do happen for a reason, and there's a silver lining in every situation.


We headed down the street to Homestead Park last weekend to capture the here-and-now of Kurt and Christy. Don't you just want to hug them? They're a beautiful mix of fun and ease, with a whole lot of infectious laughter. After I paparazzi-ed the heck out of them, we fired up the grill, and the backyard games. Ah, the good life!

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOVE these! You are seriously growing by leaps & bounds DAILY!!

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers