Monday, March 8, 2010

Sisterface

I have gorgeous sisters. Call me biased, but it's true. See for yourself. My littlest sis, Emily, is a senior in high school and heading to Miami University in the fall. She normally hates when I snap candids of, well, her entire life, but since I asked in advance, and let her get ready before I made her model, she was way happier with the situation. Em grew up beautiful, never having an awkward stage like the rest of us permed hair, brace-faced, four-eyed freaks. I'm still a little salty about it when I look at our kid photos, but ecstatic about it when I shoot her. With my camera, people, don't worry.. sibling rivalry never got that intense!


But seriously, I'm ridiculously blessed to have such incredible sisters. Sometimes I forget Em and I are eight years apart; she's always been an old soul.. Way wise beyond her 18 years. Oh yeah, and she's hilarious. And a total brain. She's gonna do big things. Which is why I'm glad I was born first. It'd be hard to follow in this girls footsteps!


There's something really awesome about having sisters. They know where you come from, and sometimes understand you better than you know yourself, despite being so different. The three of us balance each other perfectly, and you can bet you'll barely get a word in when we're all together. Just ask Matt. He has sat through many nights of all of talking in unison, a mile a minute. The best part of having sisters? Being related to your best friends. Knowing they are there, standing next to you on your wedding day, blissfully, eternally happy for you. And also to tell you that bootcut jeans are SO last season.


I've been working on lighting, and close ups, thus my theme for our shoot. My Photoshop class begins at the end of the month.. and I'm looking forward to having some direction in my editing process. Em's beautiful, which totally makes this a cakewalk! Here are some of my favorites!




3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh katie!!! these are incredible! emily is gorgeous! aaand i love what you wrote about sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! I love you blog AND your beautiful pictures! You're such a talented photographer! Can't wait for you to take pictures of Camille! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you both are too sweet! thank you!

    Ash- can't wait to take some of Cami!!

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers