Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"My Other Car is a Zamboni"

Matt has always been athletic. Not only can he out-run, out-bike, out-swim, out-rollerblade me (which isn't saying much, really), he can pick up a sport, and within weeks, be on top of his game. This is exactly what happened when he started playing hockey a year ago. Having grown up playing baseball and soccer, he picked this up pretty quick, and currently plays in the Chiller league, skating and scoring and knocking people around every Sunday night. His team? The Donuts. Yep. Sprinkle plays for the Donuts. Classic.

As of now, he still has all his teeth. I can say that it's a big relief that our wedding is over. Every game last year, I'd say a little prayer that he wouldn't be sporting a toothless grin in our wedding photos. Now we are just waiting for a call from Scott Howson to bring him up onto the Blue Jackets roster. I can see the sportspage now. Nash & Sprinkle Tie in Goal Scoring, Pass Ovechkin's Lead. Maybe he can turn this season around.

These photos aren't the greatest quality. They are in need of some serious Photoshop TLC, and have quite a bit of noise. Sports photography is really challenging, and hockey rinks are notorious for awful lighting. However, I think the photos below capture the spirit of the game, and I liked the composition.

I love this next photo. After the Donuts issued a beating of 8-1 to Mo's Fire Hoses, I snapped this of Matt and his dad. I love my father-in-law's proud smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers