Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Franklin Park

I've officially discovered my inner nerd. Since my journey from behind the lens began, I've devoured every detail of learning. I cannot believe how quickly the minutes tick away every Tuesday!

This past weekend, my class met at Franklin Park Conservatory to apply what we've been learning. I was pumped. Almost a little TOO pumped for the fact that I was waking up early on a Saturday to stare at plants. But when it's February in Ohio, opportunities to snap photos of anything besides people are few and far between. While I'm still in the early stages, I feel like I need days like these. Days to stare at something, camera in hand, without a voice attached to the subject, becoming increasingly tired of my endless attempts at just.. playing around. That day will come, and I will relish it when it does, but for now, plants are perfect!

I spent almost five hours at Franklin Park, and I realized something that had never crossed my mind before: photographers get quite a workout! By hour four, my entire body ached from standing completely still to shoot, from scrunching my face to see through the lens, and contorting my arms into pretzels while trying to play with lighting.

Here is what came out of my day.. none of my 587689 photos have been edited yet. Mostly because the second I installed Photoshop, I realized I need a class, or at the very least, a very detailed book to point me in the right direction. Or any direction, for that matter. Regardless, you get the idea. Enjoy! (Click on the photo to enlarge)

Chihuly Glass Exhibit.. very cool





Ending with a personal favorite. I can't wait to edit this!


3 comments:

  1. I hope Adobe Bridge came with your Photoshop. It is the most useful tool to keep your photos organized! I've had the program for forever, but never unleashed its powers until a month ago...it's changed my life! I would totally recommend it to any photo nut! Especially with the likes of thousands of photos coming off your camera!
    -Tiffany

    http://www.fineprnt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to watching your inner photographer blossom. Go back to FPC and try your hand at the butterflies. Saw lots of photographers trying to "catch" them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! When you said enlarge, you weren't kidding. These are great photos! And I'm loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

The Life Behind the Lens

Followers